Astralis enters partnership with Jack & Jones
● Major partnership deal with international fashion brand
● Unique players’ uniform, co-designed by players, to be launched in November
● Astralis players to pick their own styles to wear - for all tournaments played
Today Astralis announced a new partnership with Jack & Jones, part of the world’s largest retail chains in menswear. The sponsorship includes a unique design collaboration of the first ever performance optimized esport jersey, a wide range of activation initiatives and a merchandise collection co-designed by JACK & JONES and Astralis.
JACK & JONES will be the official clothing partner of Astralis with exclusive rights to communicate and supply clothing that enhances the players’ look and performance. The collaboration between the two is based on shared values and new, unexplored business opportunities. Henning Nielsen, JACK & JONES explains:
- We are truly impressed by Astralis’ professionalism and strong performance, as well as their dedication - those are exactly the values JACK & JONES believe in. Partnering up with Astralis to create and present something new and unique to the esports scene is a natural expansion and continuance of a strong company history within collaborations. Besides an obvious value match, we share the approach to always strive to be the best within our game, and the creation of a new player’s jersey and performance uniform with the unique requirements in esports is
a perfect example of just that.
Jordi Roig, CCO of RFRSH Entertainment and responsible for Astralis’ partnerships, is also very pleased about today’s announcement:
- Astralis is all about constantly improving, finding the edge and optimizing the performance through professionalism, dedication, practice and a healthy lifestyle. One of the areas, where esports has yet to develop is the clothing and the gear the teams play and practice in. Like we have done in other areas of performance optimization, we have been looking to find a partner with the expertise and desire to design and produce a new jersey/uniform and training line especially for esports based upon the demands and wishes of the players and we have found that in JACK & JONES.
- On top of a shared desire to win, through their position as Europe’s leading producers of menswear and -fashion with a vast range of styles and designs, JACK & JONES is also the perfect match for the Astralis players, who all have very different styles, both in the game and outside, says Roig.
By Astralis and JACK & JONES teaming up, Astralis becomes part of JACK & JONES’ sponsorship portfolio – including renowned sports professionals such as F1 driver Kevin Magnussen, and Premier League goal keeper, Kasper Schmeichel.
Henning Nielsen elaborates:
- In JACK & JONES we believe in supporting performance driven teams and individuals – it’s our company culture. The esport industry is experiencing tremendous growth, not only in terms of active players and fan communities, but also as an entertainment product. Besides our shared brand values, we also have a great match in our target audiences. We continuously strive to engage and interact with our consumers in new and innovative ways. By teaming up with RFRSH and Astralis we know that we will meet the interest of our consumer, Nielsen comments.
JACK & JONES and Astralis will be working closely together on many different on-and offline initiatives, including fan hangouts, Meet n’ Greets, Social Media and digital activities, competitions, merchandise collections and a unique design collaboration.
- Our brand promise is to make our consumer proud, secure and satisfied – and by teaming up with Astralis we aim to keep that promise, Henning Nielsen ends.
The merchandise collection and the first ever esport jersey will be presented at an exclusive fan event in connection with BLAST Pro Series in Copenhagen in November 2017, where fans will be invited to meet the players and be the first to get the unique shirt, co-designed by JACK & JONES and the Astralis players.
JACK & JONES:
JACK & JONES is a Danish menswear company selling quality, affordable fashion and accessories in 39 countries, across six continents. JACK & JONES is one of Europe’s leading producers of menswear selling through close to one thousand retail stores and is sold through thousands of wholesale customers around the world.
JACK & JONES was founded in 1990 and started out with a strong focus on Denim and jeans.
JACK & JONES is nowadays defined and represented by all product categories including; tailoring, casual wear, accessories and footwear.
JACK & JONES is part of the international fashion group, BESTSELLER. The Danish, family-owned group was founded in 1975 and directly employs more than 15,000 people worldwide, with 3,200 people working in Denmark.
Founded in January 2016, Astralis has quickly positioned itself as a leading esports organization with one of the world's best CounterStrike: Global Offensive teams.
In late 2016 the team reached the number 1 spot in the World Rankings, and for most of 2017 the team has been the best in the World.
The organization is the first ever to be co-owned by the players in the esports industry.
facebook.com/astralisgg - twitter.com/astralis.gg - instagram.com/astralisgg - youtube.com/astralisgg
For more information please contact:
Malene Louise Lehmann Jensen, PR Responsible, JACK & JONES.
firstname.lastname@example.org - Steen L. Laursen, VP of communications & brand, Astralis. email@example.com